Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; Three’s A Crowd
Arthur Makes Waves & Three’s A Crowd WGBH Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Arthur Makes Waves; Three’s A Crowd
- Program Number
906; 907; 123A;123B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
906: Arthur Makes Waves: With the community pool closed for repairs and the temperature on the rise, Arthur and D.W. need a place to keep cool. After accepting an invitation to James's pool, they discover that his older sister is Molly, leader of the Tough Customers! Can Arthur and Molly get along? Even if they can, will their friends let them?
907: Three's a Crowd: Prunella's favorite time of day is early morning, when she and her Mom do yoga. So when her best friend Marina joins them, will Prunella feel that more is merrier or that three's a crowd? Can Prunella learn to share her Mom, or will she have to give up yoga forever!?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; Three’s A Crowd,” 01/12/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 15, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E02AD1ABC041FABD5EC975155B4116.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; Three’s A Crowd.” 01/12/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 15, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E02AD1ABC041FABD5EC975155B4116>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Makes Waves; Three’s A Crowd. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_95E02AD1ABC041FABD5EC975155B4116