Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; That Doesn’t Float My Boat
DTO (Download To Own) Master
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- That Doesn’t Float My Boat
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Season One (1) Broadcast 2006 TRYING TO RELIEVE A BAD CASE OF "GAME SHOW HOST BLOCK," RUFF HAS FALLEN ASLEEP AND LEFT THE WATER IN THE BATHTUB RUNNING! THE FLOODED DOGHOUSE IS FILLED WITH FLOATING JUNK, GIVING HIM THE PERFECT IDEA FOR TODAY'S CHALLENGE: KHALIL, ANNA, AND JULIA MUST DESIGN A BOAT OUT OF MATERIALS THEY FIND AT THE DUMP. THEIR BOAT HAS TO FLOAT; IT HAS TO BE STABLE AND STEER-ABLE; AND IT HAS TO BE PROPELLED BY SOMETHING OTHER THAN OARS.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; That Doesn’t Float My Boat,” GBH Archives, accessed November 25, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_952049C2F70449E6A9578DC86AC8C2E4.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; That Doesn’t Float My Boat.” GBH Archives. Web. November 25, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_952049C2F70449E6A9578DC86AC8C2E4>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; That Doesn’t Float My Boat. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_952049C2F70449E6A9578DC86AC8C2E4