Martha Speaks; Martha Sings; TD Makes the Band
MSPE 125 28:46 3/28/09 DB/MR5 Media Operations Center PBS
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Sings; TD Makes the Band
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Sings Martha wakes up singing and not just because she's happy. She can't stop! Helen and Martha visit the vet, some musicians, and an opera singer, trying to discover the source of her musical malady to no avail. Will Martha ever be able to talk without a tempo again?
Vocabulary: (E) instrument, musician, vocalist, recording, tempo, melody
(I) sing, song, music, hear, sound
TD Makes the Band Everybody's singing about Shecky the Sea Lion and it's driving TD nuts! He could write a better song than that, and that's just what he's going to do! He recruits the gang to join his band and then sets out to write a hit song. . . . about Belgium? Inspiration strikes, but what will they do for an encore?
Vocabulary: (E) lyrics, audience, rhythm, inspiration, encore
(I) band, beat, hit, concert, catchy
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Sings; TD Makes the Band,” 03/28/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94D59F7903EE40AE8E7B372C9181980D.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Sings; TD Makes the Band.” 03/28/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94D59F7903EE40AE8E7B372C9181980D>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Sings; TD Makes the Band. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94D59F7903EE40AE8E7B372C9181980D