Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Brazil: When Foods Collide
Brazil: When Foods Collide
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Brazil: When Foods Collide
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Extending well beyond east meets west, there is "Fusion," the art of intermingling two distinct cultural cuisines into one imaginative and singular palette. Join us as we travel to Brazil, an exotic global hotspot where the jungle collides with civilization, to see how foreign chefs settle and blend their own cultural traditions with newfound indigenous recipes. From pizza to sushi, see how just about every type of cuisine can be reinvented and enhanced with Brazilian flavor.
RECIPES Banana Ravioli Balsamic Reduction Bobó de Camarão (Shrimp in Yuca Coconut Purée) Clarified Butter Collard Greens Miniera Jerk Pork Chops with Hearts of Palm Salad and Sweet Plantains Moqueca de Camarão (Brazilian Shrimp Stew) Passion Fruit Sauce
Exclusive Rio's Street Eats There's much more to Rio de Janeiro than Sugarloaf and samba. There are churros and cheese bread and the most artful hot dog you've ever seen. Gourmet food editors Lillian Chou and Shelley Wiseman take to the city's streets, where they walk a little…and eat a lot.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Jungle Fever by Paul Richardson Rhythm of the Night by Connie McCabe Samba and Soul Food by Christopher Hunt
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Brazil: When Foods Collide,” 08/11/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94B1F5B810764F80AC654976A2EBAEB8.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Brazil: When Foods Collide.” 08/11/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94B1F5B810764F80AC654976A2EBAEB8>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Brazil: When Foods Collide. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94B1F5B810764F80AC654976A2EBAEB8