USA: Arts And The University; Art Teacher, The: The New Masters
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- USA: Arts And The University
- Art Teacher, The: The New Masters
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast Feb. 7 and 14, 1966 and August 1 and 8, 1966
Since World War II the artist, as student and teacher, has become the New Man on Campus. To learn why, National Educational Television asked WGBH to visit Yale University, to watch student and faculty in the School of Art and Architecture at work.
The first program demonstrates in words and action the relationship between artist and teacher. The second program studies the art teacher, specifically. The third program looks at the work of the graphic artist, from simple letter patterns to intricate trademarks and photo essays. The fourth program takes a look at the young architect in training.
See February and August 1966 Program Guides for descriptions. Series release date: 2/7/1966
- Program Description
Again the program hosted by Russell Connor visits the Yale campus where students "are offered the presence of men... who come here fresh from their own daily struggle, their minds still churning with the dynamics of creation."
James Rosati, a professor of sculpture at Yale University and a noted sculptor in his own right is seen in his New York City studio where he talks about his dual role as teacher and artist. Also included is a conversation with the distinguished printmaker Gabor Peterdi in his studio. The program concludes with a tour of the Yale Art Gallery.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Fine Arts
- Chicago: “USA: Arts And The University; Art Teacher, The: The New Masters,” 07/20/1965, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9433F6F7CB7B41B3A73ACE750EFB7328.
- MLA: “USA: Arts And The University; Art Teacher, The: The New Masters.” 07/20/1965. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9433F6F7CB7B41B3A73ACE750EFB7328>.
- APA: USA: Arts And The University; Art Teacher, The: The New Masters. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9433F6F7CB7B41B3A73ACE750EFB7328