Arthur; Dear Adil; Bitzi’s Break-Up
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Dear Adil; Bitzi’s Break-Up
- Program Number
801; 106B; 110A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Arthur is worried that his letters to his new Turkish pen pal, Adil, will be boring. After all, how can Elwood City compare to Arthur's fantastical ideas about Turkey, where he imagines Adil riding a camel to school ... and eating lambs-eyes! But are Arthur's notions about Adil's life even close to the truth?
Bitzi is breaking up with her boyfriend, and Buster is really sad. Harry is his favorite baseball buddy! Can Buster get them back together in time for the next game? And, more importantly, will Buster and Harry be able to stay friends?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Dear Adil; Bitzi’s Break-Up,” 08/22/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9432EC247580444FA20AE265830395D4.
- MLA: “Arthur; Dear Adil; Bitzi’s Break-Up.” 08/22/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9432EC247580444FA20AE265830395D4>.
- APA: Arthur; Dear Adil; Bitzi’s Break-Up. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9432EC247580444FA20AE265830395D4