Simply Ming; Thai Basil/ Parmigiano-Reggiano
Thai Basil and Parmesean Reggiano with Jody Adams Anamorphic
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Thai Basil/ Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Jody Adams
In this episode, Ming’s menu showcases the East-West duo of Thai basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano. The versatility of these ingredients is shown when Ming makes Polenta Satays with Thai Basil Pesto and an “All-In-One” Thai Basil-Shrimp Orzo Risotto. Ming also pairs these dishes with a simple “All-In-One” Tomato-Thai Basil Panzanella Salad. Guest chef Jody Adams of Rialto in Cambridge, MA visits the studio to make Veal Cutlets with Parmigiano-Reggiano and Thai Basil.
Thai Basil- Contessa Shrimp Orzo RisottoCranberry-Turkey Fried Rice
Tomato-Thai Basil Panzanella Salad
Polenta Satays with Thai Basil Pesto
Jody Adams's Veal Cutlets with Parmesan and Basil
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Thai Basil/ Parmigiano-Reggiano,” 03/08/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 6, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94058E4906394C6BB320D8B035AA9608.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Thai Basil/ Parmigiano-Reggiano.” 03/08/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 6, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94058E4906394C6BB320D8B035AA9608>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Thai Basil/ Parmigiano-Reggiano. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_94058E4906394C6BB320D8B035AA9608