Simply Ming; Citrus-Truffle Vinaigrette
Simply Ming SMMG 304K1, Citrus Truffle Vinaigrette, Uncaptioned Master, TRT: 26:46
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Citrus-Truffle Vinaigrette
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Marcus Samuelsson One of the most amazing flavors on the planet comes from beneath its surface... truffles. They add a unique dimension to any dish that no other ingredient can. The flavor of these rare and delicious wild morsels, despite what you may have heard, is not out of your price range. You can find their essence in truffle oil, which also has a longer shelf life and a little bit goes a long way. Truffle oil is the key ingredient in Ming's Citrus-Truffle Vinaigrette, a master recipe that will put the great flavor of truffles right in your fridge door. This vinaigrette shines in Ming's New-Style Shrimp Ceviche Hors D'Oeuvres and a Maitake Orzo "Risotto" served with Seared Scallops with Moustache of the Dragon Salad (pea tendrils). Citrus fruits are an essential component in the vinaigrette, and Ming heads out to Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, Massachusetts to learn more about their Orangerie and growing citrus. Back in the studio, New York Chef Marcus Samuelsson joins Ming to create his Seared Salmon with Citrus-Truffle Vinaigrette and Corn Mashed Potatoes.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Citrus-Truffle Vinaigrette,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_93B1AC7FA6D34E46BAC03F7599B01636.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Citrus-Truffle Vinaigrette.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_93B1AC7FA6D34E46BAC03F7599B01636>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Citrus-Truffle Vinaigrette. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_93B1AC7FA6D34E46BAC03F7599B01636