Presentation; WGBH Programming Presentation Reel 3/2/1969
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- WGBH Programming Presentation Reel 3/2/1969
- Series Description
Clip reel of programming broadcast on WGBH. Series release date: 1960
- Program Description
1) Say Brother, Happy Holidays (RT: 01:08); 2) Say Brother, "Blackness" dramatic reading (RT: 01:50); 3) Longwood Tennis, Doubles: Lutz - Smith vs. Hewitt - Moore (RT: 02:13); 4) Making Things Grow: Thalassa Cruso crushing a slug (RT: 01:00); 5) Unidentified program, Bob Hope of the West Roxbury Civic Improvement Association, Dan Sullivan, Boston Police Patrolman, William Haggblom, Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association, Frank White, WGBH, Frank Mitchell, Roxbury Security Patrol, Clint Paige, New England Resistance, Charles Feeley, Newton Police Patrolman, Ric Gibb, Roxbury Security Council, discuss and debate whether it is ever justified to break the law in order to bring about social, political, or economic justice (West Roxbury Welfare Demonstrations) (RT: 02:48); 6) Unidentified musical group performs on Mixed Bag (?) (RT: 01:04); 7) The Chairs, (RT: 01:12) 8) Alcott, (RT: 01:54); 9) Unidentified program, in front of live audience (Harvard?), various members of military, presumably discussing military spending and the development of ABMs (Anti Ballistic Missiles), are rebutted by a contentious audience member opposed to ABM development (RT: 02:34); 10) Unidentified program, two black and white, reverse negative, female images dance to avant-garde music (RT: 02:03); 11) Unidentified program (On Being Black series?), dramatic play, scene consists of five black actors, in particular one irate woman angrily discussing the meaning of the term "nigger" (Ivan Dixon?), color, (RT: 03:30); 12) Bartok at Tanglewood, (RT: 05:13); 13) David Ives "Beating the Bushes" fundraising spot, (RT: 00:45). 1969.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Presentation; WGBH Programming Presentation Reel 3/2/1969,” 03/02/1969, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_93B17719D73746DBAA9FC1BB7211A43E.
- MLA: “Presentation; WGBH Programming Presentation Reel 3/2/1969.” 03/02/1969. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_93B17719D73746DBAA9FC1BB7211A43E>.
- APA: Presentation; WGBH Programming Presentation Reel 3/2/1969. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_93B17719D73746DBAA9FC1BB7211A43E