Peep And The Big Wide World; Night Light; Sounds Like
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Night Light; Sounds Like
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 206 NIGHT LIGHT AFRAID THAT THE SUN HAS FORGOTTEN TO RISE, PEEP AND QUACK ARE RELIEVED WHEN THEY DISCOVER A FLASHLIGHT.
INTERSTITIAL: SHADOWS CAN HELP YOU MAKE PICTURES! THE KIDS TRACE SHADOWS INSIDE ON PAPER AND OUTSIDE ON THE DRIVEWAY TO MAKE PICTURES. "TRY MAKING SHADOWS WITH YOUR FRIENDS."
SOUNDS LIKE. . . PEEP AND CHIRP GET LOST, BUT USE A RANGE OF FAMILIAR—AND ANNOYING!—SOUNDS TO FIND THEIR WAY HOME.
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS DISCOVER THAT THERE IS SOUND ALL AROUND THEM. THEY TAKE A WALK AROUND THE CITY TO FIND SOURCES OF SOUND. "TRY LISTENING FOR SOUNDS ALL AROUND WHERE YOU LIVE."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Night Light; Sounds Like,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_939D38E455B942508F8F2A973A734922.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Night Light; Sounds Like.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_939D38E455B942508F8F2A973A734922>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Night Light; Sounds Like. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_939D38E455B942508F8F2A973A734922