Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles and Maple Syrup
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Thai Bird Chiles and Maple Syrup
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Repack of Program 523 with new guest chef segment.
Guest Chef: Michael Schlow Thai bird chile, the pepper that gives much of Asian cooking its heat, is paired with sweet maple syrup to create Ming’s East-West recipes this week. In the kitchen, Ming updates his childhood favorite, Piggies-In-A-Blanket, with a touch of spicy heat. For a flavorful “All-In-One” dish, Ming prepares Pork Belly Claypot. Then, using the East-West pair, Ming creates a delicious dessert, Maple Spice Cake with Maple-Thai Bird Cream. Finally, Ming heads over to Boston restaurat, Via Matta where chef/owner Michael Schlow uses today’s pair on his Loin of Venison Medallions with Barley, Mushrooms, Maple-Thai Bird Chile Gastrique.
Recipes Maple Spice Cake with Maple-Thai Bird Cream Piggies-in-the-Blanket Pork Belly Clay Pot
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles and Maple Syrup,” 09/15/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_938C8A13DD4B4BE0AC4F817A4689150E.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles and Maple Syrup.” 09/15/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_938C8A13DD4B4BE0AC4F817A4689150E>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Thai Bird Chiles and Maple Syrup. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_938C8A13DD4B4BE0AC4F817A4689150E