Mystery!; Cadfael, Series I: The Sanctuary Sparrow
Cadfael Series I The Sanctuary Sparrow 90 minute presentation
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Cadfael, Series I: The Sanctuary Sparrow
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
When the town's goldsmith, Walter Aurifaber, is robbed and left for dead, the local people launch a witch-hunt. The finger of suspicion is pointed at a young juggler who was performing at the wedding feast of the goldsmith's son. Cadfael is played by Derek Jacobi.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series I: The Sanctuary Sparrow,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_938BE1BE536D4C43A31C76C51696772D.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Cadfael, Series I: The Sanctuary Sparrow.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_938BE1BE536D4C43A31C76C51696772D>.
- APA: Mystery!; Cadfael, Series I: The Sanctuary Sparrow. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_938BE1BE536D4C43A31C76C51696772D