Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hidden Hong Kong
Hidden Hong Kong 16x9 Letterbox
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Hidden Hong Kong
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Hidden Hong Kong EPISODE 24
We'll take you on a tour of Hong Kong's private kitchens, hidden storefronts, and other secrets known only to the most devoted foodies in Hong Kong. We'll meet chefs at these hideouts and discover the experimental approaches that make what they do so extraordinary. We'll also visit a family-run factory where soy sauce is made using an ancient method. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we're cooking with oyster sauce, a cornerstone of Asian flavor.
RECIPES Lemongrass Grouper in Shrimp Paste Yellow Earth Chicken Spicy Chicken and Noodles Shell Steak with Wild Mushrooms Barbeque Sauce with Oyster Sauce
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hidden Hong Kong,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 15, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_936B8983E988423AA3DDD58C19F859A9.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hidden Hong Kong.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 15, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_936B8983E988423AA3DDD58C19F859A9>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hidden Hong Kong. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_936B8983E988423AA3DDD58C19F859A9