Mystery!; Dalgliesh: A Certain Justice
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Dalgliesh: A Certain Justice
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Commander Adam Dalgliesh (Roy Marsden) is drawn into the inner chambers of the British legal system to investigate the grisly murder of Venetia Aldridge (Penny Downie), an ambitious and widely despised criminal lawyer. As the list of suspects quickly grows to include several key members of Aldridge's firm, each with a strong motive for murder, suspicion also falls on Gary Ashe (Ricci Harnett), a murder suspect whom Aldridge recently defended -- successfully -- and with whom her daughter, Octavia (Flora Montgomery), has fallen in love. As Dalgliesh probes Aldridge's past, a terrible secret about her father emerges and appears to be linked to her death -- and to a distinguished member of chambers.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Dalgliesh: A Certain Justice,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 7, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_934D6DE59D014FEBB9964FAD502EB4CE.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Dalgliesh: A Certain Justice.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 7, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_934D6DE59D014FEBB9964FAD502EB4CE>.
- APA: Mystery!; Dalgliesh: A Certain Justice. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_934D6DE59D014FEBB9964FAD502EB4CE