Say Brother; Crucian Fiesta 1980
Part of Say Brother.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Say Brother
- Crucian Fiesta 1980
- Program Number
- Series Description
Say Brother is WGBH's longest running public affairs television program by, for and about African Americans, and is now known as Basic Black. Since its inception in 1968, Say Brother has featured the voices of both locally and nationally known African American artists, athletes, performers, politicians, professionals, and writers including: Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Thomas Atkins, Amiri Baraka, Doris Bunte, Julian Bond, Stokely Carmichael, Louis Farrakhan, Nikki Giovanni, Odetta Gordon, Henry Hampton, Benjamin Hooks, Jesse Jackson, Hubie Jones, Mel King, Eartha Kitt, Elma Lewis, Haki Madhubuti, Wallace D. Muhammad, Charles Ogletree, Babatunde Olatunji, Byron Rushing, Owusu Sadaukai, and Sonia Sanchez. Series release date: 7/15/1968
- Program Description
Say Brother visits the Caribbean island of St. Croix for its annual carnivale. Program contains footage of the celebration, in particular, of two troupes visiting the island to participate: the Mozambique Tribe and Floyd Henderson's Chinese Fantasy. Interviews conducted on location and featured on the program include those with Carol Germaine (Director of the Mozambique Tribe), James Sealey (Principal of the Henderson School), Charlotte Morgan (teacher at the Henderson School), Isabel James (Assistant Principal at the Henderson School), Senator Bill Harvey (Virgin Island representative), and Eulalie Rivera, a retired St. Croix schoolteacher who offers a history of the carnivale. Program was a co-production between Say Brother and The Caribbean Center for Understanding Media.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Caribbean Center for Understanding Media, The
- Saint Croix (V.I.)
- Carnival--Virgin Islands of the United States--Saint Croix
- Harvey, Bill
- Rivera, Eulalie
- Race and Ethnicity
- Deare, Beth (Associate Producer)
- Clarke, Brian (Director)
- Barbara Barrow-Murray (Producer)
- Johnson, Bill (Audio)
- Morales, Carmen (Production Secretary)
- Rodriques, Carlos (Audio)
- Moore, Robert (Intern)
- Deare, Paul (Assistant Cameraman)
- Lewis, Webster (Theme Music)
- Morton, Wil (Audio)
- Chigas, Basil (Switcher)
- Elskoe, Floyd (Assistant Cameraman)
- Mackles, Gene (Graphic Designer)
- Beres, Marc (Intern)
- DeVitt, Doug (Videotape Editor)
- Jones, Carolyn (Intern)
- Hackshaw, Ademah (Project Director)
- Lassiter, Maxine (Assistant Cameraman)
- Coleman, Vern (Audio)
- Kane, Pat (Videotape Editor)
- St. Onge, David (Videotape Editor)
- Smith, Kathy (Switcher)
- Roberts, Ricky (Assistant Cameraman)
- Chicago: “Say Brother; Crucian Fiesta 1980,” 03/19/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 19, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_933CDCEAD5414AF2B68E0F26B4E42BE2.
- MLA: “Say Brother; Crucian Fiesta 1980.” 03/19/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 19, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_933CDCEAD5414AF2B68E0F26B4E42BE2>.
- APA: Say Brother; Crucian Fiesta 1980. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_933CDCEAD5414AF2B68E0F26B4E42BE2