Antiques Roadshow; Hot Springs, AR
EE Master - Hot Springs AR Hour 1 - 713
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Hot Springs, AR
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW swings into Hot Springs, Arkansas, where host Dan Elias tours the site of the city's famous bathhouses. By the end of the 19th century, Hot Springs had become a bustling resort town, with legions of tourists seeking its "healing waters." At the Hot Springs Convention Center, ROADSHOW appraisers examine an eclectic array of objects including a valuable collection of Beatles memorabilia and a Japanese cast-bronze elephant sculpture that could bring a hefty $10,000 to $15,000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Hot Springs, AR,” 10/27/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_933090D1E68E4319B595B6BBEA6CFE08.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Hot Springs, AR.” 10/27/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_933090D1E68E4319B595B6BBEA6CFE08>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Hot Springs, AR. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_933090D1E68E4319B595B6BBEA6CFE08