Arthur; You Are Arthur; Sleep No More
Two retakes missing,Tr. 1-2 Stereo English Mix , Tr. 3 Mono SFX, Tr. 4 Mono Dialogue, TC Drop Frame
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- You Are Arthur; Sleep No More
- Program Number
82A - 82B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
505: You Are Arthur: What if you could live in the Read house? What if you could run a race in Elwood City? What if you could BE Arthur for a day? View Arthur's life through his very own eyes for this special episode.
507: Sleep No More: Have you ever been so excited that you couldn't sleep? Buster is convinced that Pizza Paula's all-you-can-eat contest... free pizza for life!... is his destiny. But how can he possibly win such an important contest without any sleep?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; You Are Arthur; Sleep No More,” 09/29/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92F6CD341A254FFDB43B586E6E258782.
- MLA: “Arthur; You Are Arthur; Sleep No More.” 09/29/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92F6CD341A254FFDB43B586E6E258782>.
- APA: Arthur; You Are Arthur; Sleep No More. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92F6CD341A254FFDB43B586E6E258782