Ten O'Clock News; African Delegation
Mayor Ray Flynn welcomes a delegation of African diplomats to Boston at a ceremony in City Hall. Irene Smalls (Director of Public Information for Flynn) and Flynn present a book about Boston to each diplomat. Charles Yancey (Boston City Council) addresses the delegation. He reads a proclamation from the Boston City Council, welcoming the diplomats to Boston. City Councilors David Scondras, Bruce Bolling and Maura Hennigan are introduced to the delegation. The ambassador from Gambia thanks Flynn and the city of Boston for receiving their visit. Yancey delivers closing remarks at the ceremony. He thanks the ambassadors. The diplomats and city officials socialize at a reception at City Hall. Flynn circulates among the members of the delegation. Flynn and one of the diplomats raise their glasses in an informal toast. Members of the delegation speak to one another.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Flynn, Raymond L.
- Boston (Mass.). City Council
- Hennigan, Maura
- Rites and ceremonies
- Boston City Hall (Boston, Mass.)
- Yancey, Charles C.
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012
- International relations
- News Report
- Yancey, Charles C. (Speaker)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; African Delegation,” 02/10/1985, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92AA2B925E584498A2EDDFA72C2CE13E.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; African Delegation.” 02/10/1985. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92AA2B925E584498A2EDDFA72C2CE13E>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; African Delegation. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92AA2B925E584498A2EDDFA72C2CE13E