Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hungry Luddite, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Hungry Luddite, The
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
No doubt, technology has altered the world of food, making ingredients easier to produce and faster to distribute globally. But at what cost? Fortunately, there are artisans who are working to preserve the traditional methods of cooking that have shaped the world's culinary history. From a visit with a Japanese knife maker to a trip to a market run by a passionate Parisian gardener, we'll see how ancient cooking techniques are being revived and sustained.
RECIPES Plum Butter Romaine with Garlic Anchovy Vinaigrette Summer Squash Bread and Butter Pickles
Exclusive Notes From a Neo-Luddite Archaeologist Daphne Derven talks wooden spoons, marginal tech, and how Dr. Rudolf Diesel won his place in the Luddite Pantheon of Fame.
From the Pages of Gourmet Magazine Sustaining Vision by Michael Pollan A Grand Experiment by Bill McKibben
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hungry Luddite, The,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_921A4B287F7F482A91DC569C5C331020.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hungry Luddite, The.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_921A4B287F7F482A91DC569C5C331020>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Hungry Luddite, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_921A4B287F7F482A91DC569C5C331020