Ten O'Clock News; East Boston resident vs. Massport
Federal Aviation Administration. East Boston residents sing a song protesting incursion of airport into their neighborhood (Neptune Rd. East Boston). David Davis, Tom O'Neill, Massachusetts Secretary of Transportation Fred Salvucci all seen. Interview with a woman about plane noise and eminent domain. She feels that the people in the neighborhood are being uprooted. Interview with a man on noise abatement and eminent domain for Logan expansion. Residents would like to prevent the destruction of their neighborhood. Interview with other longtime residents complaining about Massport.
- Ten O'Clock News
East Boston resident vs. Massport
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Logan International Airport
- Massachusetts Port Authority
- Salvucci, Frederick
- East Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Curwood, Steve (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; East Boston resident vs. Massport,” 02/22/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92120B1E59EB4D6BA3049505AD493B4A.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; East Boston resident vs. Massport.” 02/22/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92120B1E59EB4D6BA3049505AD493B4A>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; East Boston resident vs. Massport. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_92120B1E59EB4D6BA3049505AD493B4A