Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tuscan Simplicity
Tuscan Simplicity Letterbox
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Tuscan Simplicity
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
NOTE: Tuscan Simplicity aired in October 2008 then repeated on March 28, 2009 as program 310 Episode 50 Tuscany abounds with pride and passion for local ingredients. Meet the area’s masters of cucina rustica, who explain why the simplest dishes can be the most delicious. A baker reveals the secrets of saltless bread, the foundation of every Tuscan meal. In Florence, grab lunch with the locals at a street cart whose owner keeps the city’s 700-year-old obsession with tripe alive. Head to the sea with a lifelong fisherman who has become an activist for sustainability and grills his catch right off the side of his boat. Then share the primal experience of cooking steak over live fire with the most famous butcher in Tuscany—and, perhaps, the world.
RECIPES Mixed Grilled Fish Panzanella (Italian Bread Salad) Tripe Salad Tuscan Kale
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tuscan Simplicity,” 12/17/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_91FD6363538C4B7FB0190EF216D85165.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tuscan Simplicity.” 12/17/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_91FD6363538C4B7FB0190EF216D85165>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Tuscan Simplicity. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_91FD6363538C4B7FB0190EF216D85165