La Plaza; Michael Naranjo: A New Vision
Michael Naranjo: A New Vision
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Michael Naranjo: A New Vision
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Michael Naranjo is one of New Mexico’s premiere sculptors, despite his blindness. Inspired by memories of life at Santa Clara Pueblo, by the sculptures of Michaelangelo, his dreams and from everyday experience, Michael Naranjo forms impressively poignant sculptures out of marble and bronze.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Michael Naranjo: A New Vision,” 01/01/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_91F68735133C47F199005364C242E141.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Michael Naranjo: A New Vision.” 01/01/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_91F68735133C47F199005364C242E141>.
- APA: La Plaza; Michael Naranjo: A New Vision. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_91F68735133C47F199005364C242E141