Arthur; Arthur’s Pet Business; D.W. the Copycat
Arthur Home Video Master - “Arthur’s Pet Business”, “DW the Copycat” -Full Mix Ch 1&2, M&E Mix Ch 3&4, not captioned.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s Pet Business; D.W. the Copycat
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Pet Business: How can Arthur prove to his parents that he's responsible enough to take care of his very own puppy? "Get a job," suggests D.W., "and don't forget you owe me seven dollars." Within two days, Arthur's Pet Sitting Business has its first client. Meet Jaws--AKA "Perky"--enemy of mailmen and pet sitters alike. Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
D.W. the Copycat: Yet another personality change for D.W., who's decided that from now on, she'll be just like Arthur. She'll walk like him, talk like him, follow him wherever he goes. How can Arthur persuade D.W. that the world is only big enough for one Arthur?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Pet Business; D.W. the Copycat,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9199777F861A45A4A796088F6D9D09B2.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Pet Business; D.W. the Copycat.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9199777F861A45A4A796088F6D9D09B2>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Pet Business; D.W. the Copycat. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9199777F861A45A4A796088F6D9D09B2