Mystery!; Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The: The Dying Detective
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes The Dying Detective
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The: The Dying Detective
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
Adelaide Savage, convinced that her wealthy husband, Victor, has become an opium addict, goes to Holmes for help. In this is a tale of wealth, opium and foul play, Holmes sets himself up as a potential victim in order to entrap a murder.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The: The Dying Detective,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9192198E1F6F459D9222E4AA96BD14E3.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The: The Dying Detective.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9192198E1F6F459D9222E4AA96BD14E3>.
- APA: Mystery!; Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The: The Dying Detective. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_9192198E1F6F459D9222E4AA96BD14E3