Ten O'Clock News; Mel King with Barney Frank
Barney Frank (US Representative) and Mel King (candidate for mayor of Boston) shake hands in front of the Massachusetts State House. Frank has endorsed King for mayor of Boston. Christy George interviews King in front of the State House. King talks about the current policies of the White administration and White's recent appointments to the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA). King says that his administration would eliminate the BRA in order to consolidate city development under a community development office. King criticizes White for making mayoral appointments without regard for his successor. King adds that the current police commissioner must be forced to resign. King says that the Boston City Council should not approve White's new housing proposal. He adds that the City Council should wait until the next mayor is elected before making new policy.
- Ten O'Clock News
Mel King with Barney Frank
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- White, Kevin H.
- Boston Redevelopment Authority
- African American politicians
- King, Mel
- Urban policy
- Political campaigns
- Massachusetts State House (Boston, Mass.)
- Frank, Barney, 1940-
- Municipal government
- City planning
- Boston (Mass.). City Council
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Frank, Barney, 1940- (Speaker)
- King, Mel (Interviewee)
- George, Christy (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Mel King with Barney Frank,” 10/21/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_914C362587F4470B8D12A2C44FA43800.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Mel King with Barney Frank.” 10/21/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_914C362587F4470B8D12A2C44FA43800>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Mel King with Barney Frank. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_914C362587F4470B8D12A2C44FA43800