Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; New England Fishermen; Thomas Randazza talks about seasickness
Part of New Television Workshop.
Joan Logue's "New England Fishermen" presents and earthy portrait of the lives of fishermen in the North East. In this short excerpt, Thomas Randazza talks about seasickness and ways to cure it. Approximate date: 1985
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund
- New England Fishermen
Thomas Randazza talks about seasickness
- Series Description
Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund -- WGBH's collaboration with the Institute Of Contemporary Art (ICA) -- offers a co-venture among TV producers from seven countries, each seeking to capture the spirit of a specific environment. Titles include: O PANAMA: a video by James Benning and Burt Barr evoking the mental landscape of a sick man confined to his apartment; TIME CODE; L'IMAGE; STORM AND STRESS; SOLOS, DUETS AND PIZZA: Three dance videos: "Rotary Action", a duet featuring Bill T. Jones and Arnie Zane; "Watermotor for Dancer and Camera", with Trisha Brown, and "From and Island Summer", with Karole Armitage; SET & RESET (#4) VERSION 1: Choreographer Trisha Brown performs to music by Laurie Anderson in this video dance piece DAMNATION OF FAUST: story of Marguerite of the Faust legend; MORE TV STORIES: satirizing the relationship between people and their TVs; NEW ENGLAND FISHERMEN - Joan Logue's brief vignettes of fishermen. Series release date: 1985
- Program Description
It features about nine short portraits of mostly older fishermen telling single stories, many of them anecdotal, relating to their experience in the profession. The interviews are shot in locations relating to fishing -- boats, a pier, a bar.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Randazza, Thomas
- Logue, Joan
- Film and Television
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; New England Fishermen; Thomas Randazza talks about seasickness,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90E4F62E6B2C499EAAD673050FFB2325.
- MLA: “Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; New England Fishermen; Thomas Randazza talks about seasickness.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90E4F62E6B2C499EAAD673050FFB2325>.
- APA: Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; New England Fishermen; Thomas Randazza talks about seasickness. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90E4F62E6B2C499EAAD673050FFB2325