Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 101
EE Master- No Captions
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow FYI
- Antiques Roadshow FYI 101
- Program Number
- Series Description
Fans of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW have wrestled with these weighty questions since the hit PBS series debuted eight years ago. Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2005 the producers of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW proudly present this brand-new weekly series of 26 half-hour programs, revealing the answers to What happens to the stuff after the owners leave the convention hall? ... Where can I get the best deals? ... What are the hot collectibles right now? ... What do the appraisers collect? and more!
Hosted by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's Lara Spencer with correspondent Clay Reynolds, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI is the perfect complement to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW — a digest that gives viewers tools to enrich and improve their own treasure hunts. A cross-country excursion with stops in America's top antiques shows and auctions. Candid conversations and trade secrets from ROADSHOW experts. Unsolved mysteries surrounding stolen works of art and surprising updates on treasures from past ROADSHOW episodes. Series release date: 1/19/2005
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI, a new magazine-style series from the producers of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW, premieres Wednesday, January 19, 2005, at 8pm ET on PBS (check local listings). Hosted by Lara Spencer, with correspondent Clay Reynolds, ROADSHOW FYI's lively mix of appraisal updates, antiques and collectibles features, trade secrets, and tips appeals to the avid antiques buff and merely curious alike. In the series' first episode, the owner of a rare Beatles album cover — originally appraised at ANTIQUES ROADSHOW in Chicago for $10,000 to $12,000 — tells Clay Reynolds what happened after ROADSHOW left town; appraiser J. Michael Flanigan shows viewers how to shop smart at the famed Brimfield Antiques Show in Brimfield, Massachusetts; expert David Lackey shares the secrets of detecting damage on ceramics; Clay gets a crash course in antique stove restoration, and appraiser Rudy Franchi reveals why the hunt for a long-lost movie poster has become his grand obsession.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 101,” 01/19/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90CDDE0A86E845C99F142746FD820448.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 101.” 01/19/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90CDDE0A86E845C99F142746FD820448>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 101. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90CDDE0A86E845C99F142746FD820448