La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: America Ferrera
La Plaza MASTER - CLOSED CAPTIONED Program #2801 Conversations with Ilan Stavans: America Ferrera Running Time: 26:37 Closed Captioned Patricia Alvarado 617-300-2289 firstname.lastname@example.org WGBH, 125 Western Avenue, Boston, MA 02134
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Conversations with Ilan Stavans: America Ferrera
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Honduran American actress America Ferrera caught the attention of critics and fans alike with her portrayal of Ana, the curvaceous Mexican American girl in the independent film Real Women Have Curves.
Ferrera's portrayal earned her the Special Jury Prize for Best Actress at the Sundance Film Festival in 2002. Other films include Lords of Dogtown and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
Ferrera, who was valedictorian at her high school, is studying at the University of Southern California. She is on an academic scholarship, majoring in international relations and theater. In her conversation with host Ilan Stavans, Ferrera talks about the pressures and demands of show business.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: America Ferrera,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90C9259826A24F2F8BBF807DBCC77019.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: America Ferrera.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90C9259826A24F2F8BBF807DBCC77019>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations with Ilan Stavans: America Ferrera. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90C9259826A24F2F8BBF807DBCC77019