Arthur; Big Dig, The; Arthur’s Family Feud
Stereo English Mix
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Big Dig, The; Arthur’s Family Feud
- Program Number
85A - 85B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
509: The Big Dig: Arthur and D.W. used to love it when Grandpa Dave came to visit -- but now he only wants to sleep and play checkers. Then one day Grandpa Dave shares a secret map, and Arthur and D.W. hunt for a buried treasure and discover some family history.
310: Arthur's Family Feud: Who ruined Dad's perfect soufflé? The only thing Arthur and D.W. can agree on is that poor Pal was an unwitting accomplice. To solve this whodunit, Mom and Dad listen to both sides -- and the siblings demonstrate some very imaginative storytelling!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Big Dig, The; Arthur’s Family Feud,” 10/19/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90A9B22E7EDC4BD9922C8BEDE227795F.
- MLA: “Arthur; Big Dig, The; Arthur’s Family Feud.” 10/19/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90A9B22E7EDC4BD9922C8BEDE227795F>.
- APA: Arthur; Big Dig, The; Arthur’s Family Feud. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_90A9B22E7EDC4BD9922C8BEDE227795F