Evening at Pops; Songs Of Love With Jerry Hadley And Thomas Hampson
Clean No Subtitles
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Songs Of Love With Jerry Hadley And Thomas Hampson
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Hadley, known as "the great tenor hope of the post- Pavarotti generation" sings a selection from Donizetti and "Maria" from Bernstein's West Side Story. Hampson, who is a baritone praised for his command of classical repertoire, sings Verdi and Cole Porter's "In the Still of the Night," and joins Hadley for highlights from Rossini's The Barber of Seville, Bizet's The Pearl Fishers and Puccini's La Boheme.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Songs Of Love With Jerry Hadley And Thomas Hampson,” 06/17/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 9, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_903BDCC542A24D94830F799F75FCDF57.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Songs Of Love With Jerry Hadley And Thomas Hampson.” 06/17/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 9, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_903BDCC542A24D94830F799F75FCDF57>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Songs Of Love With Jerry Hadley And Thomas Hampson. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_903BDCC542A24D94830F799F75FCDF57