Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Drinks: The Golden Age of Spirits
Drinks: The Golden Age of Spirits 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Drinks: The Golden Age of Spirits
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Episode 40 Come along as we travel the globe to discover the exciting and flavorful world of spirits, looking into the slightly wacky world of mixology and meeting the cocktail artists who are raising the bar for bartenders everywhere. In the field of molecular mixology, risk-taker Tony Conigliaro is known for blending some of the most innovative cocktails in the UK. In India, we’ll watch Keralan coconut climbers make fresh liquor from the sap of a coconut tree. We’ll also visit the first and only micro-distillery in New York, which has been producing bourbon, rye, and vodka since the Prohibition era. And in the Gourmet kitchen, we’re reinventing the multi-layered Pousse-Café.
RECIPES Black Forest Shooter Pousse-Café
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Drinks: The Golden Age of Spirits,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_902071B4E2A1400CB8E4B6D263103341.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Drinks: The Golden Age of Spirits.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_902071B4E2A1400CB8E4B6D263103341>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Drinks: The Golden Age of Spirits. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_902071B4E2A1400CB8E4B6D263103341