Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bread Box
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Bread Box
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
0112 – Bread Box/Peabody Essex Museum Episode 12 – Bread Box
Who doesn’t want a beautiful natural bread box for their kitchen, especially if it features a fabulous tambour door? The tambour door has been around for hundreds of years, and though it looks like it would be hard to construct, it is made of just a few slats of wood stuck onto a canvas. In this episode, Tommy demonstrates the techniques for constructing the bread box and building the tambour door. He also tours the Peabody Essex Museum with curator Dean Lahikainen, who shows off their wonderful collection of John and Thomas Seymour pieces of early American furniture. Finally, Tommy is paid an in-studio visit by fellow North Bennet Street School alumnus Eli Cleveland.
Field Trip: Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA
Questions and Answers: Fitting Tambour Doors
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bread Box,” 11/10/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8FD9C734AB5A47FBBD6DD55EFB14AACD.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bread Box.” 11/10/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8FD9C734AB5A47FBBD6DD55EFB14AACD>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Bread Box. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8FD9C734AB5A47FBBD6DD55EFB14AACD