Martha Speaks; Dog Did It, The; Martha Out West
MSPE 311 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Dog Did It, The; Martha Out West
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
The Dog Did It Martha shares the Great Oral History of Dogs with Helen, TD, and Truman. According to Martha, dogs gave humans lots of stuff: fire, philosophy, physics, art, and even language. Could this explain why Shakespeare’s hero is named Hamlet? Vocabulary (E) primitive, civilization, prehistor(y)(ic), ancient, philosopher, origin (I) stone(s), fire, cave(man)(boy)(girl)(dog)(kids), history
Martha Out West The gang has borrowed a video camera from the library so they can film their very own Wild West production. They each tell their version, featuring with pioneers, outlaws, and…strawberry milkshakes? Vocabulary (E) pioneer, frontier, found(ed), outlaw, property (I) west(ern), mayor, sheriff, town, settle(r)(d)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Dog Did It, The; Martha Out West,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8FCC6307F50741888F5BBC19D42BB02C.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Dog Did It, The; Martha Out West.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8FCC6307F50741888F5BBC19D42BB02C>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Dog Did It, The; Martha Out West. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8FCC6307F50741888F5BBC19D42BB02C