La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Ruben Martínez
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Ruben Martínez
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Ilan Stavans speaks with the author of “Crossing Over," the stirring book about Mexican migration to the states. Martinez, an award-winner journalist, reads from his work and discusses the process of writing “Crossing Over."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Ruben Martínez,” 01/27/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8F909C1B492945AC8C59A27545CE7A86.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Ruben Martínez.” 01/27/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8F909C1B492945AC8C59A27545CE7A86>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Ruben Martínez. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8F909C1B492945AC8C59A27545CE7A86