Arthur; MacFrensky; Good, the Bad, and the Binky, The
D-Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- MacFrensky; Good, the Bad, and the Binky, The
- Program Number
1304; 159A; 159B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets:
Good, The Bad, and The Binky, The. 159A
As Emily’s new babysitter, Binky introduces his charge to the world of pro-wrestling and teaches her some fierce moves. But when Emily starts ruffling the feathers of other pre-schoolers on the playground, Binky worries he hasn’t been the best role model. Can Binky restore Emily to her former, tea-party loving self?
When Francine and Brain are locked in a stiff competition to win student of the month, Muffy talks Francine into "borrowing" Buster's toy and letting Brain take the blame for it. As the lies grow and the prize gets closer, however, Francine's guilt increases. Can she come clean and wash her hands of this dastardly deed?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; MacFrensky; Good, the Bad, and the Binky, The,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 10, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8EB3272B29BA460BA5C84A0E501ECBD1.
- MLA: “Arthur; MacFrensky; Good, the Bad, and the Binky, The.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 10, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8EB3272B29BA460BA5C84A0E501ECBD1>.
- APA: Arthur; MacFrensky; Good, the Bad, and the Binky, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8EB3272B29BA460BA5C84A0E501ECBD1