Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series I: Safe As Houses
Episode 4 60 min.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series I: Safe As Houses
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
An old friend of Hetty's is in dire need of her assistance. The woman's foster daughter, Chrissie (Emma Cunniffe) -- a troubled teenager with a checkered past -- has run away. Her disappearance coincides with a series of suspicious fires that continue to blaze through the community. Spurred by the offer of a substantial reward from the homeowners' insurance companies, Hetty searches for Chrissie and the culprit -- hoping they aren't one and the same.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series I: Safe As Houses,” 10/30/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E67AF4CCEFD4ABCBBF8D51EABFC3EBE.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series I: Safe As Houses.” 10/30/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E67AF4CCEFD4ABCBBF8D51EABFC3EBE>.
- APA: Mystery!; Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, Series I: Safe As Houses. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E67AF4CCEFD4ABCBBF8D51EABFC3EBE