Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Tenderizing
Simply Ming Ep 1008 Jamie Bissonnette - Tenderizing SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Tenderizing
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Tenderizing with Guest Chef Jamie Bissonnette
This week on Simply Ming – tenderizing – a culinary technique that helps meat, chicken and fish absorb all the wonderful flavors of your favorite marinades. Joining Ming in the kitchen is Chopped Champion – Chef Jamie Bissonnette. Together Ming and Jamie cook on the fly using mystery ingredients and zesty spices to come up with two tender recipes: a Tellegio Kimchee Steak Bomb and a Trio of Halibut New Style Sashimi.
Recipes Trio of Halibut New Style Sashimi Jamie Bissonnette's Taleggio Kimchee Steak Bomb
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Tenderizing,” 10/11/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E27E54306D34F0CB58D75828071F60B.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Tenderizing.” 10/11/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E27E54306D34F0CB58D75828071F60B>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Tenderizing. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8E27E54306D34F0CB58D75828071F60B