Evening at Pops; John Williams Show 2003
with Nancy Wilson , Dan Higgins
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Williams Show 2003
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Boston Pops Orchestra welcomes laureate conductor John Williams for his annual celebration of legendary Hollywood music. Williams conducts selections from the scores of Citizen Kane, Richard III and Jane Eyre, and discusses the methods behind cinematic composing. Saxophonist Daniel Higgins is on hand to perform Williams’ Oscar-nominated score to Steven Spielberg’s Catch Me If You Can, while songstress Nancy Wilson joins in to sing “All of Me” and “Embraceable You.”
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Show 2003,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DF52DF8026E45F1AAEFBD4A22F2767B.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Show 2003.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DF52DF8026E45F1AAEFBD4A22F2767B>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Williams Show 2003. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DF52DF8026E45F1AAEFBD4A22F2767B