Arthur; Muffy’s Classy Classics Club; Best Enemies
WGBH Master Muffy’s Classy Classics Club, 173A Best Enemies, 173B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Muffy’s Classy Classics Club; Best Enemies
- Program Number
1508; 173A; 173B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Muffy’s Classy Classics Club, 173A Muffy buys all of the pretty books and pretty dolls in the Pretty Pioneers series, and invites her friends to join a pretty book club. But she can’t take their criticisms that the books are, well, rather poorly written. Will the book club disband or can Muffy open up to new literary experiences?
Educational objective: Muffy learns to look beyond the slick packaging of products to get a better sense of their true value and worth.
Best Enemies, 173B Mom has new clients coming over and they have a daughter who is D.W.’s age….and her name is even W.D.! They’re going to be the best of friends! Turns out, no. They don’t have anything in common. So D.W. and W.D. work together to convince their parents that they’ll just never get along…and somehow, have a lot of fun in the process.
Educational objective: D.W. learns that you can become friends with someone who doesn’t have the same interests or hobbies as you.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Muffy’s Classy Classics Club; Best Enemies,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DE927C78EF14F119653960C2193EDA0.
- MLA: “Arthur; Muffy’s Classy Classics Club; Best Enemies.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DE927C78EF14F119653960C2193EDA0>.
- APA: Arthur; Muffy’s Classy Classics Club; Best Enemies. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DE927C78EF14F119653960C2193EDA0