Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bread: The Foundation Of A Meal
Bread: The Foundation of a Meal 16x9 Letterbox
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Bread: The Foundation Of A Meal
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
Bread: The Foundation of a Meal EPISODE 23
Bread: a simple staple at the center of almost any meal, on every table, across the globe. We?ll travel through the bustling streets of Paris to learn the secret to a beautifully baked French loaf, and then head to Italy where an Italian baker shares the legend of Tuscan bread. We?ll also spend time in the Adirondack Mountains with a baker who sees bread as a way of life. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we?ll get a taste of a legendary recipe for savory brioche from Richard Bertinet.
RECIPES Panzanella Brioche
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bread: The Foundation Of A Meal,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 16, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DA76BBD5FAB41E9BB7C8982F97B39C7.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bread: The Foundation Of A Meal.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 16, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DA76BBD5FAB41E9BB7C8982F97B39C7>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bread: The Foundation Of A Meal. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DA76BBD5FAB41E9BB7C8982F97B39C7