Artist's Showcase; Video Portrait: Robert Rauschenberg
Part of New Television Workshop.
Part of the “Artists on Artists” series DUB OF A0-01126
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Artist's Showcase
- Video Portrait: Robert Rauschenberg
- Series Description
Anthology series of experimental, avant garde video productions. Program titles: "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW I: DISTRICT I and PALE COOL, PALE WARM;" "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW II: TZADDICK;" "DANCE FOR CAMERA - SHOW III: GEORGE'S HOUSE;" "SELECTED WORKS - 1974 - 1975;" "THE GIRL WITH THE FLAXEN HAIR;" "SET OF COINCIDENCE;" "ALL ACROSS BOSTON;" " UNTITLED PERFORMANCE BY ROBERT GOLDMAN;" "QUIDDATAS;" "TELEPORTRAITS;" "FOUR SIDED TAPES;" "AMY LOWELL;" "PRIMORDIAL SOUP;" "HOWARD;" "THIRD TAPE;" "PAST FANTASIES;" "SEMI BUFFET;" "EAST ENDED TAPE;" "A COLOR PIECE FOR TV;" "CONTEXTS AND ONE AND MANY;" "THREE TRANSITIONS;" "CITY SCAPE;" "OUT OF TIME;" "NO TITLE." Series release date: 1975
- Program Description
This work is a portrait of the visual artist Robert Rauschenberg. The entire work, which is approximately 22 minutes long, is a close-up shot of Rauschenberg’s face. He stares into the camera, occasionally laughing or smiling and responding to the events around him. The viewer hears the camera person or director instructing Rauschenberg. In the background two men’s voices carry on a conversation and the sounds of traffic are heard. At one point the phone rings and a conversation occurs. Eventually, the sounds die down and the work draws to a close. Little credit information accompanies the piece.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Rauschenberg, Robert, 1925-2008
- Film and Television
- Logue, Joan ()
- Chicago: “Artist's Showcase; Video Portrait: Robert Rauschenberg,” 01/03/1980, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DA71CACE9EC4979942C9A8F3476A398.
- MLA: “Artist's Showcase; Video Portrait: Robert Rauschenberg.” 01/03/1980. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DA71CACE9EC4979942C9A8F3476A398>.
- APA: Artist's Showcase; Video Portrait: Robert Rauschenberg. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8DA71CACE9EC4979942C9A8F3476A398