Arthur; Blizzard, The; What Is That Thing?
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Blizzard, The; What Is That Thing?
- Program Number
405; 409; 73A - 73B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
405: The Blizzard: A big blizzard comes to Elwood City, taking out the electricity (and--gasp--television!) and sending residents scrambling for supermarket supplies. Can neighbors find ways to help each other survive through the storm?
409: What Is That Thing: Arthur and friends are all faced with seemingly impossible tasks, from fixing a model biplane to babysitting D.W. (!) But they each encounter a mysterious and magical device that solves all their problems. What is that thing?!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Blizzard, The; What Is That Thing?,” 09/10/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 29, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D7AF3863FE54F0194255502D2081BD6.
- MLA: “Arthur; Blizzard, The; What Is That Thing?.” 09/10/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 29, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D7AF3863FE54F0194255502D2081BD6>.
- APA: Arthur; Blizzard, The; What Is That Thing?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D7AF3863FE54F0194255502D2081BD6