Arthur; Secret About Secrets, The; Happy Anniversary, Part II
Beta SP - Split Track Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Secret About Secrets, The; Happy Anniversary, Part II
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Season X (10): 1001 and 1003 See Also Individual Program Titles for Additional Assets. Broadcast: 2006
1001: Happy Anniversary: Arthur's parents have been married for 10 years and it's time to celebrate! But the festivities are cut short when the van breaks down, stranding the whole family. Will the Reads miss their fancy dinner reservation? And what about Arthur's special "Bionic Bunny" sleepover with Buster?! Just when things couldn't get any worse, Arthur and D.W. end up locked in a diner storeroom -- but when they hear the inspiring radio tale of Crooning Cowboy Kid Carter and his little sister sidekick, Arthur realizes that the best celebration of all is just being with his family.
1003: The Secret About Secrets: Everyone seems to have a secret...everyone, that is, except D.W.! But when D.W. is finally told one, she quickly learns that getting a secret is easy, but keeping one -- and avoiding hurt feelings -- is a lot harder than she thought.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Secret About Secrets, The; Happy Anniversary, Part II,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 5, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D6C02C5C9A9463A82829E287105E375.
- MLA: “Arthur; Secret About Secrets, The; Happy Anniversary, Part II.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 5, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D6C02C5C9A9463A82829E287105E375>.
- APA: Arthur; Secret About Secrets, The; Happy Anniversary, Part II. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D6C02C5C9A9463A82829E287105E375