Soundings; Harry Somers and His Music
Part of New Television Workshop.
Harry Somers & His Music
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Harry Somers and His Music
- Series Description
Four performance documentaries featuring award-winning composers. Each program features the composer working with musicians in rehearsal and in studio performances of several works, so that the viewer watches the process as the creative team moves toward a product. Series release date: 1986
- Program Description
Documentary containing interview footage with the Canadian composer and narrated overview of his life and music, focusing on his interest in the native peoples of Canada. Includes performances of his music recorded for this program.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Documentaries and factual works
- Performance in a Studio
- Roslak, Roxolana ()
- Somers, Harry, 1925-1999 ()
- Beard, Allen ()
- Sokol, Casey ()
- Ranti, Julie ()
- Chicago: “Soundings; Harry Somers and His Music,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D601A638EC04B689CD44398E39EA65A.
- MLA: “Soundings; Harry Somers and His Music.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D601A638EC04B689CD44398E39EA65A>.
- APA: Soundings; Harry Somers and His Music. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D601A638EC04B689CD44398E39EA65A