Arthur; Arthur’s First Sleepover; Arthur’s New Year’s Eve
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur’s First Sleepover; Arthur’s New Year’s Eve
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's First Sleepover: Have you ever been afraid of the dark? Despite D.W.'s threat of aliens, Arthur sets his tent for his first sleepover. D.W.'s mad that she can't be a part of the sleepover, but she'll have some fun of her own--with the help of alien lights. But, who will have the last joke: Arthur & his friends, D.W., or the aliens? Based on a book of the same title by Marc Brown.
Arthur's New Year's Eve: What exactly happens at midnight, December 31st? There are plenty of rumors, but no one seems to know for sure. Arthur is determined to stay up and discover the horrifying truth.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s First Sleepover; Arthur’s New Year’s Eve,” 09/30/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D53D6816F714504BCA67F4340D3776B.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s First Sleepover; Arthur’s New Year’s Eve.” 09/30/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D53D6816F714504BCA67F4340D3776B>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s First Sleepover; Arthur’s New Year’s Eve. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8D53D6816F714504BCA67F4340D3776B