Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Lazy Susan
Uncaptioned Master, evaled
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Lazy Susan
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
0104 – Octagonal Lazy Susan Episode 04 – Lazy Susan
The Octagonal Lazy Susan featured on Rough Cut this week has a lot of bang for the buck. Not only is the octagonal shape beautiful to look at, but the inlaid veneer of birdseye maple and beeswing mahogany really make the piece magnificent. In this episode, Tommy provides detailed instructions on how to build the initial shape, and then takes particular care with his guidance on how to do the inlay. On a very special Rough Cut Road Trip, Tommy gets a behind-the-scenes peek at Historic New England, a massive warehouse of historic artifacts and furniture that is not open to the public. Back in the shop, fellow North Bennet Street School graduate Eli Cleveland joins Tommy to build the Lazy Susan.
Resources: Knife Veneers Accessories 1 Accessories 2
Field Trip: Historic New England
Questions and Answers: Woods for Veneering
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Lazy Susan,” 10/05/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8CDC5CF01A84452F9D60FC0E2363470C.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Lazy Susan.” 10/05/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8CDC5CF01A84452F9D60FC0E2363470C>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Lazy Susan. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8CDC5CF01A84452F9D60FC0E2363470C