Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack’s Stuck Stick; Peep’s Can
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Quack’s Stuck Stick; Peep’s Can
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 210 QUACK'S STUCK STICK PEEP DISCOVERS A BEAVER DAM AND A YOUNG, TOOTHY BEAVER, WHILE QUACK, ALAS, LOSES HIS FAVORITE STICK.
INTERSTITIAL: THE FLOW OF WATER IS HARD TO CONTROL. BUT THE KIDS FIND A WAY USING BRICKS AND SAND. "SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY TO BLOCK THE FLOW OF WATER."
PEEP’S CAN PEEP SEARCHES FOR A HOUSE HE CAN CALL...HOME.
INTERSTITIAL: IT'S A RAINY DAY. PERFECT WEATHER TO BUILD CARDBOARD HOUSES INSIDE. WILL A CARDBOARD ROOF STOP THE RAIN? THE KIDS ALSO BUILD A CARDBOARD HOUSE OUTSIDE TO FIND OUT. "TRY TO BUILD A HOME FOR YOURSELF."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack’s Stuck Stick; Peep’s Can,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8C9F97BA367E4696861C3554D92A35B6.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack’s Stuck Stick; Peep’s Can.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8C9F97BA367E4696861C3554D92A35B6>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Quack’s Stuck Stick; Peep’s Can. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8C9F97BA367E4696861C3554D92A35B6