Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Really Train Your Dog
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman
- How To Really Train Your Dog
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered May 29, 2006
Part game show, part reality TV, and part spoof, FETCH! features real kids, real challenges, real science, and an unreal host named Ruff Ruffman (yes, he's an animated dog!) Featuring 20 half-hour episodes, FETCH! mixes live-action with animation and breaks the mold with its educational and comical take on America's newest television genre. Targeting six- to ten-year olds, it is spontaneous, unscripted, and full of twists.
FETCH! explores the untapped potential of the hugely popular reality television genre and proves that it can be a great venue for kids to have fun while learning problem-solving skills and teamwork. The series also offers viewers an important perspective on competition by letting them know that the value of an experience isn't just determined by winning or losing, but by what happens along the way. Funded in large part by the National Science Foundation, the series focuses on real world science, featuring kids as they pursue questions, conduct experiments, and actively investigate the world around them. Series release date: 5/29/2006
- Program Description
Uncle MacRuffmantosh is hot on the trail of the Helmet of Victory! He's chartered a train scheduled to arrive at the helmet's hidden location – but the train is riddled with riddles... Ruff sends the six FETCHers to figure out the riddles on the train, which will unlock a mysterious briefcase. But there are others who won't stop until THEY get the briefcase... will the FETCHers be able to stop them? And will they be able to stop the TRAIN before it crashes into a river?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Taylor, Kate (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Really Train Your Dog,” 07/07/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 27, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8BC43477E7E845589C931DD288E12915.
- MLA: “Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Really Train Your Dog.” 07/07/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 27, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8BC43477E7E845589C931DD288E12915>.
- APA: Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman; How To Really Train Your Dog. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8BC43477E7E845589C931DD288E12915