Ten O'Clock News; World Airways crash
Wreckage footage of World Airways crash in icy Boston Harbor off Logan runway. Speculative cause is said to be poor braking. Part of impromptu press conference with forensic anthropologist Dr. Clyde Snow. Additional footage of planes overhead.
- Ten O'Clock News
World Airways crash
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Press conferences
- Logan International Airport
- Aircraft accidents
- Boston Harbor (Mass.)
- News Report
- Bennett, Charles (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; World Airways crash,” 01/25/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8A85D10BAF844C959A9D71E75CFE7AF1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; World Airways crash.” 01/25/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8A85D10BAF844C959A9D71E75CFE7AF1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; World Airways crash. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_8A85D10BAF844C959A9D71E75CFE7AF1