Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson
Marcus Jones reports on proposals by Laval Wilson (Superintendent, Boston Public Schools) to improve educational standards in the Boston Public School System. Jones' report includes footage of Wilson at a press conference. Wilson discusses his goals and agenda for improving the level of education in the school system. Jones reviews Wilson's proposals. Jones' report includes footage from an interview with John Nucci (President, Boston School Committee). Nucci comments on Wilson's proposals and talks about efforts by the Boston School Committee to find funding for the proposals.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Boston (Mass.). School Committee
- School buildings
- School boards
- School superintendents
- Press conferences
- School management and organization
- School improvement programs
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson,” 05/12/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_89E796571383449199B632A60AA0B72D.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson.” 05/12/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_89E796571383449199B632A60AA0B72D>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Laval Wilson. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_89E796571383449199B632A60AA0B72D